Saturday 6 February 2016

The Best Shower Head Info - Save Yourself Time and Money

Be honest. Have you ever upgraded your shower head? I know I’ve always just accepted the default one that was already in place and just lived with it. I can’t lie though, I’ve been dreaming of buying a nice one for ages and taking it with me every time I moved. 

 For some reason I kept waiting until I bought my “permanent” home to get one. But not anymore. I finally scooped up the Waterpik AquaScape and it’s amazing. My shower experience just became one akin to being in heaven.

That journey to finding the best rated shower heads was a long one. Sure, there were “better” ones, but they tried to justify ridiculous prices too. The value just hit the floor at those price points. As I was hunting, I kept looking at the next tier of quality and cost until I got to one I felt was reasonable. I also make websites, and that’s how this masterpiece came together.

All of the info I’ve put together here is a reflection of what I saw out there in regards to everyone else’s reviews. I’ve not tried all of these but there were clear winners in about four pricing tier categories. I’m sharing these with you here so you don’t have to spend all the time like I did trying to figure out what was what.

Reviewing Shower Heads – Sorting The Signal From The Noise


You know… they are shower heads. It’s not an item we all buy over and over again and end up becoming loyal to a certain brand. And certainly some people don’t know what they are talking about. I’ve read reviews where someone gave the shower head that I bought a zero because they had hard water at their house and didn’t understand why the shower head didn’t cure this problem. So I mean, you’re going to encounter a lot of “noise” and nonsense when reading reviews. Luckily, the sheer number of reviews tend to average these outliers out when you look at the mode and median instead of the mean (math nerd here!).

Kohler Flipside

The table above includes all of this data without displaying it to you, but what I did include was relevant stuff like the flow rate. This is talking about the number of gallons per minute being pumped through your shower head. You might save some water using a smaller one, but you’ll just spend longer trying to rinse the soap off. It’s hard to tell which is the winner there. You’ll have to choose your preference. I like a ton of water hitting me, personally. 

The weight is also displayed but not really too important. You can expect a good quality shower head made out of respectable materials to be at least one pound if closer to two or more pounds. I also list the dimensions, which means the shape and size of the shower head, but that’s not really a big deal. If you fit in your shower, then the shower head will without question.

Why Even Collect Reviews And Sort Out The Best Shower Head?


To be honest, I’ll tell you why. I’m kind of anal and obsessive compulsive. In my youth, I had the philosophy of buying something cheap and then upgrading as I could. That ends up in you wasting a lot of money through each upgrade. Now that I’m a working adult, I just buy the best of whatever it is I’m looking for and call it a day. So when I’m ready to buy, I like to get online and search around and really try to understand why a certain item is considered the best so I know I’m making the best decision. That’s why I’ve done this. And the reason I made it into a website is because I’m also learning more and more about web design. I killed two birds with one stone! I’m the cleanest, most showered webmaster online!

What Qualities Matter in the Best Shower Head?


When investigating why each of these shower heads may be considered the best or at least a decent buy, we want to know specifics about certain aspects, such as the following:

These details are largely insignificant unless you’re a stats nerd like me. Otherwise you aren’t going to care about the size or weight or what material it’s made out of. The material matters in the long-run in regards to ultimately having to buy a replacement. There are also some rust and mold resistant materials, but largely all of these shower heads are going to use good materials. 

The main thing that everyone cares about is whether or not it’s on an extension arm, if you can undock it and hold it manually, and how wide of a spray it can create. That last part is why many have different spray settings. Mine has eight settings, believe it or not, but at this point I found my favorite one and haven’t touched it since. It’s fun to play around with at first but ultimately it’s not something you’re going to use a lot.

The table at the top of this page was created to save you time. It covers the best hand held shower head in each price and quality range so you can quickly decide which tier you want to choose from. Here’s to making a fast yet informed decision!

If you want more in-depth factoids on a certain model or brand, please check out the other articles available on the site. I’m covering some in particular and will continue to expand the site as time goes. Having the proper tool for the right job is priceless, especially when it comes to cleaning your body! Make your comfort priority and choose a great shower head to accompany you in your hygiene routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment